• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

9B0A63C2-8658-4D3B-99AC-81B9EF159CBE.thumb.jpeg.2ca0a7ebb850b57aed637229ad842e2e.jpeg

I replaced the stone with an upside down sheet pan. (Desperate times call for desperate measures).  Not much changed.   The crust was still disappointing and there was absolutely no evidence of leoparding.  It seemed as if the crust under the toppings was not fully cooked and the crust around the edge had dried out as much as it had baked. 

This was the last piece of dough from the batch I made. I need to give it a break for a few days before I get completely discouraged. 

Anna N

Anna N

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

9B0A63C2-8658-4D3B-99AC-81B9EF159CBE.thumb.jpeg.2ca0a7ebb850b57aed637229ad842e2e.jpeg

I replaced the stone with an upside down sheet pan. (Desperate times call for desperate measures).  Not much changed.   The crust was still disappointing and there was absolutely no evidence of leoparding.  It seemed as if the crust and the toppings was not fully cooked and the crust around the edge had dried out as much as it had baked. 

This was the last piece of dough from the batch I made. I need to give it a break for a few days before I get completely discouraged.