• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

10 minutes ago, teonzo said:

Uhm, most probably I will sound caustic and pedantic, but I'm puzzled by reading this too.

I don’t think you sound caustic and pedantic and you are probably much more knowledge than I especially about baking pizzas. However, I somehow have to believe that their method was well tested and produced satisfactory results. Otherwise I have to dismiss a whole team of very qualified scientist and bakers.

I will give the method in the book another couple of turns before I dismiss it completely and attempt your solution. 

I do have an infrared thermometer which I’m guessing should tell me the surface temperature of the baking stone. Next time I pre-heat the oven I will use it to see how hot each of those stones get. 

Please understand I am not dismissing your suggestions. I am merely trying to pursue one step at a time. I continue to appreciate your insight. 

Anna N

Anna N

5 minutes ago, teonzo said:

Uhm, most probably I will sound caustic and pedantic, but I'm puzzled by reading this too.

I don’t think you sound caustic and pedantic and you are probably much more knowledge than I especially about baking pizzas. However, I somehow have to believe that their method was well tested and produced satisfactory results. Otherwise I have to dismiss a whole team of very qualified scientist and bakers.

I will give the method in the book another couple of turns before I dismiss it completely and attempt your solution. 

I do you have an infrared thermometer which I’m guessing should tell me the surface temperature of the baking stone. Next time I pre-heat the oven I will use it to see how hot each of those stones get. 

Please understand I am not dismissing your suggestions. I am merely trying to pursue one step at a time. I continue to appreciate your insight.