• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Cyberider

Cyberider

3 hours ago, andiesenji said:

I still have the DLX 2000, also known as the Electrolux, AEG, Ankasarum,  mixer, which has more capacity - I think it is 10 quarts. It works on a different principle than the "orbital" mixers but it does a bang-up job on breads and I have mixed large batches of cake batter, cookie dough, etc. 

I got it after I burned out the motors on TWO 5-quart KAs  (not the ones made by Hobart)  making Peter Reinhart's  Struan bread which is heavy, dense, stiff dough.

It handled the stiff dough just fine and I love it.  It has a timer so I can turn it on, set the timer and leave it to do the work.  There are a lot of YouTube videos of the mixer working.  A couple of eG members bought the machine after I recommended it, years ago and at least two have posted that they are still happy with it.  

Pleasant Hill Grain has the best deal for it as they include things that other vendors don't.

I lost all desire for a heavy, commercial mixer when I acquired one of these mixers on Andie's recommendation six years ago.  It works more on the principle of a spiral mixer and easily mixes dough for four large loaves while my 5-qt KA "Commercial" struggled with two loaves. 

Cyberider

Cyberider

3 hours ago, andiesenji said:

I still have the DLX 2000, also known as the Electrolux, AEG, Ankasarum,  mixer, which has more capacity - I think it is 10 quarts. It works on a different principle than the "orbital" mixers but it does a bang-up job on breads and I have mixed large batches of cake batter, cookie dough, etc. 

I got it after I burned out the motors on TWO 5-quart KAs  (not the ones made by Hobart)  making Peter Reinhart's  Struan bread which is heavy, dense, stiff dough.

It handled the stiff dough just fine and I love it.  It has a timer so I can turn it on, set the timer and leave it to do the work.  There are a lot of YouTube videos of the mixer working.  A couple of eG members bought the machine after I recommended it, years ago and at least two have posted that they are still happy with it.  

Pleasant Hill Grain has the best deal for it as they include things that other vendors don't.

I lost all desire for a heavy, commercial mixer when I acquired one of these mixers on Andie's recommendation six years ago.  It works more on the principal of a spiral mixer and easily mixes dough for four large loaves while my 5-qt KA "Commercial" struggled with two loaves.