• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

nickrey

nickrey

12 hours ago, Anna N said:

Not to be picky but it’s not grated Parmesan. I use it as a shortcut and it’s great for what it is but I would never call it grated Parmesan. Crumbed  Parmesan maybe. :D

Sure, not picky, much.  For everything I use this for, who cares? Use for purpose. If I want grater, I'd use the microplane. Most of what people refer to here as needing grated parmesan requires anything but. The comment was about the noise.

nickrey

nickrey

11 hours ago, Anna N said:

Not to be picky but it’s not grated Parmesan. I use it as a shortcut and it’s great for what it is but I would never call it grated Parmesan. Crumbed  Parmesan maybe. :D

Sure, not picky, much.  For everything I use this for, who cares? Use for purpose. If I want grater, I'd use the microplane. Most of what people refer to here as needing grated parmesan requires anything but.

nickrey

nickrey

11 hours ago, Anna N said:

Sure, not picky.  For everything I use it for, who cares? Use for purpose.