• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheese Blintzes....Making Ahead

gulfporter

Having 8 guests for  brunch and would like to serve cheese blintzes.  Normally when I make them for the two of us, I assemble and fry in butter (with a little oil), serve and eat. 

I don't want to fry when my guests are here (or even that same morning).  Would it work if I fried them the night before, refrigerated and reheated in an oven for serving?  Or would that result in a greasy soggy mess?  Suggestions on oven temperature for the reheat if feasible?

I have seen blintz recipes that are baked, not fried.  My mother always fried them and so have I.  If baked, do they get a bit of crispness to them?  

I'm no expert on this one...but the entire frying process and subsequent eating part for me must be exactly as both your Mother and you have made them.  No reheating in the oven.  For me they would be ruined.  Sorry.   I guess that's why I don't make them very often.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.