• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sauces: SANGRIA REDUCTION

SNewman004

I've made a small batch of a red wine sangria reduction and it came out beautiful! Tart, fragrant, and sweet! I'm using it on our pork Carnitas tacos. However, I have two issues. 

1) The reduction is thick until it hits the hot pork Carnitas. It runs all over the tortilla and plate. I'm scared to reduce it down more because I love the flavor as is. Could I maybe reduce it with more red wine? How do I keep it thick and beautiful?

2) Making a larger batch for the restaurant proves to be a little time consuming and expensive. So far, two gallons of sangria has reduced down  to 1 quart of sauce. This isn't really a problem, but are there any cheats to yield more on a sauce like this?