• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

home-cook

home-cook

Hi everyone,

My dissertation's working title is "what are the key features for a successful cooking website?" - I'm reviewing literature at the moment which references website success (DeLone and McLean's IS Success Model) and I've found it quite interesting so far.  I'm reviewing other mediums too - Cook books, websites to gather as much information as possible so that I can create a questionnaire that is as concise and useful as it can be.

The overall objective is to obtain a prioritised list of website features (hopefully with something unique) with the longer term goal of creating (another) cooking website. 

My analysis has already told me that it's an extremely unattractive market but my personal objective isn't to monetise it, but to help people use up leftover ingredients and therefore reduce their food waste. With my family being my first "customer".

So with this in mind, what do you consider important for a cookery website and are there any needs that existing cookery websites don't cater for?

home-cook

home-cook

Hi everyone,

My dissertation's working title is "what are the key features for a successful cooking website?" - I'm reviewing literature at the moment which references website success and I've found it quite interesting so far. I'm reviewing other mediums too - cook books, websites to gather as much information as possible so that I can create a questionnaire that is as concise and useful as it can be.

The overall objective is to obtain a prioritised list of website features (hopefully with something unique) with the longer term goal of creating (another) cooking website. 

My analysis has already told me that it's an extremely unattractive market but my personal objective isn't to monetise it, but to help people use up leftover ingredients and therefore reduce their food waste. With my family being my first "customer".

So with this in mind, what do you consider important for a cookery website and are there any needs that existing cookery websites don't cater for?