• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

So, just let me start telling you what's going on now. 

This period is very slow, so I need to take advantage to work on many things now, acturally I don't have a lot of time, considering will be going to Miami for two week to look for an apartment for my husband and for when me and the kids visit. 

At the moment on my to do list. 

1. One my employee is leaving by the end of the August. I need to find a substitute. I posted on Craigslist and no joke, I think I got at least 35-40 emails in a couple days. Already a person came for trail and I've scheduled other 4. I am not sure how much experience I need but definitely the attitude is what counts most. A person that shows up in the morning, clean and organized is already a BIG PLUS. So I have tons of email to deal with. I don't like to leave people with no answer. 

2. I am launching a new product at the end of September. I thought I'll be done months ago! Wrong. Just to come out with a packaging feasible for me was a huge challenge. For custome made packaging you need minimum orders and can be very difficult for a small business. I need to buy 24 boxes (every box has about 2,500 sheet of paper in it), shipping from Italy. So, already for this paper I've been talking to this Italian company for months! Then I need a label to wrap around and nutritional information. This time I did myself the nutritional info, if you like to know there is a very cool website to do it. Design for the paper and the label is done by the same person who did my cake boxes. 

Hold on, going to resume my list

Franci

Franci

So, just let me start telling you what's going on now. 

This period is very slow, so I need to take advantage to work on many things now, acturally I don't have a lot of time, considering will be going to Miami for two week to look for an apartment for my husband and for when me and the kids visit. 

At the moment on my to do list. 

1. One my employee is leaving by the end of the August. I need to find a substitute. I posted on Craigslist and no joke, I think I got at least 35-40 emails in a couple days. Already a person came for trail and I've scheduled other 4. I am not sure how much experience I need but definitely the attitude is what counts most. A person that shows up in the morning, clean and organized is already a BIG PLUS. So I have tons of email to deal with. I don't like to leave people with no answer. 

2. I am launching a new product at the end of September. I thought I'll be done months ago! Wrong. Just to come out with a packaging feasible for me was a huge challenge. For custome made packaging you need minimum orders and can be very difficult for a small business. I need to buy 24 boxes (every box has about 2,500 sheet of paper in it), shipping from Italy. So, already for this paper I've been talking to this Italian company for months! Then I need a label to wrap around and nutritional information. This time I did myself. If you like to know there is a very cool website to do it. 

Hold on, going to resume my list