• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

After 30 years or so of using mismatched this and that (from Ikea, to Crate and Barrel, to Fishs Edd)y, I took the plunge and put together service for 8 from this brand at BBB:

Nevaeh White® by Fitz and Floyd® 

Didn't do mugs, as I've got a nice collection of mugs, and they're only used for the 2 of us.

I got 8 (9 of everything, actually) dinner plates, salad plates, shallow soup bowls, luncheon plates, appetizer plates, little dessert/app bowls. For the stuff that I know I'd never use at a dinner party, I took 5 of those; for example, cereal bowls,  and I got zero coffee cups and saucers.

One of the reasons I wasn't looking at sets is simply because they all seem to come with something I don't think I'd use. Coffee cups, weird bowls, whatever.

Of course, if you're serving high tea or brunches, your needs are certainly different.

weinoo

weinoo

After 30 years or so of using mismatched this and that (from Ikea, to Crate and Barrel, to Fishs Eddy, I took the plunge and put together service for 8 from this brand at BBB:

Nevaeh White® by Fitz and Floyd® 

Didn't do mugs, as I've got a nice collection of mugs, and they're only used for the 2 of us.

I got 8 (9 of everything, actually) dinner plates, salad plates, shallow soup bowls, luncheon plates, appetizer plates, little dessert/app bowls. For the stuff that I know I'd never use at a dinner party, I took 5 of those; for example, cereal bowls,  and I got zero coffee cups and saucers.

One of the reasons I wasn't looking at sets is simply because they all seem to come with something I don't think I'd use. Coffee cups, weird bowls, whatever.

Of course, if you're serving high tea or brunches, your needs are certainly different.