• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

It seems that everything I read about the IP is about pressure cooking.  Does anyone use the slow cooker function?  If not, why not?  And if so, do I just treat it like a regular slow cooker?  I want to make these potatoes and wondered if they'd do well in the IP.  It's for company, so I don't want to screw up.  (Although, it is a first time recipe for me, so there is lot's of room to screw up anyway😊).  Ta!

I have tried it twice, both with my cabbage soup recipe (which was originally a slow cooker recipe).  The first time was on low, where I have always made it in a real slow cooker, for 8 hours.  The cabbage and carrots were under-cooked.  Next time was on medium, same result.  Haven't tried high yet.  Both times it was easy to rescue - slap the pressure cooker lid on and cook for a few minutes.  This was in the 8 qt model.

mgaretz

mgaretz

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

It seems that everything I read about the IP is about pressure cooking.  Does anyone use the slow cooker function?  If not, why not?  And if so, do I just treat it like a regular slow cooker?  I want to make these potatoes and wondered if they'd do well in the IP.  It's for company, so I don't want to screw up.  (Although, it is a first time recipe for me, so there is lot's of room to screw up anyway😊).  Ta!

I have tried it twice, both with my cabbage soup recipe (which was originally a slow cooker recipe).  The first time was on low, where I have always made it in real slow cooker, for 8 hours.  The cabbage and carrots were under-cooked.  Next time was on medium, same result.  Haven't tried high yet.  Both times it was easy to rescue - slap the pressure cooker lid on and cook for a few minutes.  This was in the 8 qt model.