• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

14 hours ago, JAZ said:

amount of water, number of eggs, height of the rack, whatever

As I said, I do use a little bit more water and the number of eggs varies from 3 to 12. Another thing that I do differently is that I put them all together in a small colander, I don't use a rack. Once in a while I quarter a couple potatoes and lay them on top to have for potato salad. They all turned out perfect in just 5 minutes.

I might add that I was a line cook for years and I have cooked thousands of eggs and I never found one to be any different than the one just beside it.

I should add that the freshness of the egg makes a difference when frying or scrambling them, but I haven't found any difference in the way that they cook or peel using the instant pot. They have all been cooked to the same degree and they all peel beautifully.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

14 hours ago, JAZ said:

As I said, I do use a little bit more water and the number of eggs varies from 3 to 12. Another thing that I do differently is that I put them all together in a small colander, I don't use a rack. Once in a while I quarter a couple potatoes and lay them on top to have for potato salad. They all turned out perfect in just 5 minutes.

I might add that I was a line cook for years and I have cooked thousands of eggs and I never found one to be any different than the one just beside it.

I should add that the freshness of the egg makes a difference but I haven't found any difference in the way that they cook or peel using the instant pot. They have all been cooked to the same degree and they all peel beautifully.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

13 hours ago, JAZ said: