• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

divalasvegas

divalasvegas

Typo.

31 minutes ago, Shelby said:

No, I don't think that's too much liquid for the collards.

For taters I put a cup of water in the IP, then the steamer thingy and the potatoes on that.  

Thanks again @Shelby my IP  "Yoda!." I specifically wanted to do the collards this way to cut the cooking time and the sweet potatoes since people online rave about how easy they are to peel. I usually boil them and, for some reason, the skins always seem to come off in thin strips or small pieces, a real PITA.

divalasvegas

divalasvegas

26 minutes ago, Shelby said:

No, I don't think that's too much liquid for the collards.

For taters I put a cup of water in the IP, then the steamer thingy and the potatoes on that.  

Thanks again @Shelby my IP  "Yoda!." I specifically wanted to do the collards this way to cut the cooking time and the sweet potatoes since people online rave about how easy they are to peel. I usually boil them and, for some reason, the skins always seem to come off in thin strips or small pieces, a real PITA