• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add locations

Below are the last 2 maple syrup bottles I've purchased from TJ's.  They usually have a few options and I tend to pick the smaller sizes as I really don't use a ton. These are both Grade A, Dark Color, Robust Taste, the stuff that used to be Grade B.  I noticed they also had a Maple-Agave blend, which I'd probably avoid.  There's usually a quart size plastic jug, which is generally the best price per ounce, but since I don't use it often, I like to keep an eye on what's going on inside a glass bottle!

88EF455F-3244-44F5-89C6-F2D1DEDCC287_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.06eb6a13c4580331a1a38f87993a5434.jpeg

The one on the left (from Canada) was a little lighter than the Vermont stuff but I found both acceptable.

Growing up, we always bought from friends who had a sugarbush and made their own. Not an option here in SoCal 🙃

Below are the last 2 maple syrup bottles I've purchased from TJ's.  They usually have a few options and I tend to pick the smaller sizes as I really don't use a ton. These are both Grade A, Dark Color, Robust Taste, the stuff that used to be Grade B.  I noticed they also had a Maple-Agave blend, which I'd probably avoid.  There's usually a quart size plastic jug, which is generally the best price per ounce, but since I don't use it often, I like to keep an eye on what's going on inside a glass bottle!

88EF455F-3244-44F5-89C6-F2D1DEDCC287_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.06eb6a13c4580331a1a38f87993a5434.jpeg

The one on the left was a little lighter but I found both acceptable.

Growing up, we always bought from friends who had a sugarbush and made their own. Not an option here in SoCal 🙃