• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Madsandersen

Madsandersen

55 minutes ago, Madsandersen said:

As discussed earlier, I am still wondering how to get the shells like a mirror! I have tried applying a thin layer of pure cocoa butter in the molds before coloring and so, but they do not get shiny like this, for example; is it some kind of special cocoa butter mixture to achieve this shiny look? :) 

And of course poolish the molds as first step with cotton wool - is microfiber better than cotton wool?

When applying colored cocoa butter to the molds, is it unnecessary to spray the molds with pure cocoa butter first? 🤔 

Madsandersen

Madsandersen

53 minutes ago, Madsandersen said:

As discussed earlier, I am still wondering how to get the shells like a mirror! I have tried applying a thin layer of pure cocoa butter in the molds before coloring and so, but they do not get shiny like this, for example; is it some kind of special cocoa butter mixture to achieve this shiny look? :) 

And of course poolish the molds as first step with cotton wool - is microfiber better than cotton wool?

Madsandersen

Madsandersen

13 minutes ago, Madsandersen said:

And of course poolish the molds as first step with cotton wool