• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cutter

cutter

thanks .....but what action of knife do you use when cutting sandwich(see above what I posted).that is what i need to know. (might be a matter of preference but i need to know  more bec. dont have that much experience yet.) and when say sawing do you mean back and forth horizontal saw or saw with tip in sandwich and handle tilt to you and sawing? Also, when would the tip of knife in sandwich first and handle tilt back to you a little be used,and why would this type of action of knife would be better to use than the other ways.

cutter

cutter

thanks .....but what action of knife do you use when cutting sandwich(see above what I posted).that is what i need to know. (might be a matter of preference but i need to know  more bec. dont have that much experience yet.) and when say sawing do you mean back and forth horizontal saw or saw with tip in sandwich and handle tilt to you and sawing? Also, when would the tip of knife in sandwich first and handle tilt back to you a little be used

cutter

cutter

thanks .....but what action of knife do you use when cutting sandwich(see above what I posted).that is what i need to know. (might be a matter of preference but i need to know  more bec. dont have that much experience yet.) and when say sawing do you mean back and forth horizontal saw or saw with tip in sandwich and handle tilt to you and sawing?

cutter

cutter

thanks .....but what action of knife do you use when cutting sandwich(see above what I posted).that is what i need to know. (might be a matter of preference but i need to know  more bec. dont have that much experience yet.) and when say sawing do you mean back and forth horizontal saw or saw with tip in sandwich and handle tilt to you a little sawing?

cutter

cutter

thanks .....but what action of knife do you use when cutting sandwich(see above what I posted).that is what i need to know. (might be a matter of preference but i need to know  more bec. dont have that much experience yet.)

cutter

cutter

thanks .....but what action of knife do you use when cutting sandwich(see above what I posted).that is what i need to know.