• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

14 hours ago, jeffrey30 said:

i can predict from the image that you are from china, it's the specific fruit in china, while it all taste well, what a wonderful life in china

Your prediction would be wrong, then. As @Allen89 points out the picture is taken at his father's home town in Malaysia.

I have no idea what you mean by "the specific fruit in china". Specific is the wrong word. But although strawberries are available in China (sometimes), I doubt there is another person on the planet who, when thinking about fruit and China, comes up with strawberries. Lychee maybe would be number 1. I have posted many pictures here of what fruit I  get in China.

How you can assume that life in China is wonderful because of strawberries is an utter mystery.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, jeffrey30 said:

i can predict from the image that you are from china, it's the specific fruit in china, while it all taste well, what a wonderful life in china

Your prediction would be wrong, then. As @Allen89 points out the picture is taken at his father's home town in Malaysia.

I have no idea what you mean by "the specific fruit in china". Specific is the wrong word. But although strawberries are available in China (sometimes), I doubt there is another person on the planet who, when thinking about fruit and China, comes up with strawberries. Lychee maybe would be number 1. I have posted many pictures here of what fruit I  get in China - I don't recall strawberries.

How you can assume that life in China is wonderful because of strawberries is an utter mystery.