• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

There are a few topics from the past dealing with gifts in connection with various festivals and holidays. but sometimes gifts arrive for no particular reason other than someone being kind. It happened to me today.

I was sitting at home minding my own business when I received a call from a courier company to say they were outside my apartment building with my package. I knew of no such package, but didn't think I'd upset anyone enough recently to expect dangerous deliveries, so I went downstairs and relieved the driver of his burden..

Back upstairs I found I was the happy possessor of a bunch of sausages and bacon made by a friend, her mother and husband. They live in a small town on the Guangxi-Yunnan border. I'm told that they were smoked over bagasse, the dry remains of sugar cane after the juice is extracted. Round here is the world's largest sugarcane producing area.

58a9669c0acf3_sausageandbacon.thumb.jpg.1cd8423459c4d10c61e6c8e08ecc8e8e.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

There are a few topics from the past dealing with gifts in connection with various festivals and holidays. but sometimes gifts arrive for no particular reason other than someone being kind. It happened to me today.

I was sitting at home minding my own business when I received a call from a courier company to say they were outside my apartment building with my package. I knew of no such package, but didn't think I'd upset anyone enough recently to expect dangerous deliveries, so I went downstairs and relieved the driver of his burden..

Back upstairs I found I was the happy possessor of a bunch of sausages and bacon made by a friend, her mother and husband. They live in a small town on the Guangxi-Yunnan border. I'm told that they were smoked over bagasse, the dry remains of sugar cane after the juice is extracted. Round here is the world\s largest sugarcane producing area.

58a9669c0acf3_sausageandbacon.thumb.jpg.1cd8423459c4d10c61e6c8e08ecc8e8e.jpg