• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cutter

cutter

i have to ask  is there anytime when cutting meat where you dont use full blade and pull back,Instead use only tip of blade and pull back when cutting meat?  Seen  clip of cutting  raw ahi for sushi at shutterstock. com. where they used tip of knife to pull back and cut meat. When do you apply tip cutting vs full blade cutting on things? Is it for soft meat.....maybe ahi  is soft? I think i just answered my question.

cutter

cutter

i have to ask  is there anytime when cutting meat where you dont use full blade and pull back,Instead use only tip of blade and pull back when cutting meat?  Seen  clip of cutting  raw ahi for sushi at shutterstock. com. where they used tip of knife to pull back and cut meat. When do you apply tip cutting vs full blade cutting on things? Is it for soft meat.....maybe ahi  is soft?

cutter

cutter

i have to ask  is there anytime when cutting meat where you dont use full blade and pull back,Instead use only tip of blade and pull back when cutting meat?  Seen  clip of cutting  raw ahi for sushi at shutterstock. com. where they used tip of knife to pull back and cut meat. When do you apply tip cutting vs full blade cutting on things?