• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

Those pilotless burners will pay for the stove pretty quickly. The old one had 8 pilots running (we shut off three that werent used); that's $50 to $80/month depending on whose estimates you use and the price of propane. They kept the kitchen warm. Pretty amazing the heating power of 8 lights. Its noticeably cooler now. Downside is I can't dry pots over a pilot anymore.

So far the Blue Star stove really impresses me. No electronics to fry. As far as I can tell the only electric is the convection fan and oven light.Very sturdy. Everything fits tightly and well. Knobs turn with a little resistance (in a good way). Seems way better built than the big name ones like Viking or Wolf.

gfweb

gfweb

Those pilotless burners will pay for the stove pretty quickly. The old one had 8 pilots running (we shut off three that werent used); that's $50 to $80/month depending on whose estimates you use and the price of propane. They kept the kitchen warm. Pretty amazing the heating power of 8 lights. Its noticeably cooler now.

So far the Blue Star stove really impresses me. No electronics to fry. As far as I can tell the only electric is the convection fan and oven light.Very sturdy. Everything fits tightly and well. Knobs turn with a little resistance (in a good way). Seems way better built than the big name ones like Viking or Wolf.