• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm not sure what this is. More of a Chinese Irish stew than an Irish Chinese stew.

dinner1.jpg

Lamb/mutton stewed in the slow cooker with garlic, chilli, cumin powder, star anise, carrots, button mushrooms and arrowhead tubers. Scallions added just before serving. Gravy was added after the photo was taken.

Served with simple boiled new potatoes. I would have made them all together as a one pot meal, but the pot was already full, so did the spuds separately.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm not sure what this is. More of a Chinese Irish stew than an Irish Chinese stew.

dinner1.jpg

Lamb/mutton stewed in the slow cooker with garlic, chilli, cumin powder, star anise, carrots, button mushrooms and arrowhead tubers. Scallions added just before serving.

Served with simple boiled new potatoes. I would have made them all together as a one pot meal, but the pot was already full, so did the spuds separately.