• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

Random find looking at ingredient lists for my recipe of chili crisp.

Not sure if this is a bargain but just ordered from Fly By Jing

She did get a lot of press recently. Misfits has a jar of FlyByJing chili crisp for 8$ I think. Seems pricy but decided to order to see how it compares to mine---I just made a triple batch last night. 15$ retail seems high for 6 oz but seems like good ingredients. 

I ordered the big jars with a free spice blend and the 6 pack of dumplings. Free shipping. 

I like to make my own dumplings but to have some in the freezer is stellar for weeknights. Some I ordered during lock-down from other brands a some from HMart were thick and doughy like some Italian American ravioli full of fillers. (prefer to make my own)

My chili crisp...24 ounces. Bulk ingredients I may have spent 10-15$. I do like control of ingredients and make a basic blend, avocado oil, and add extras per recipes. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 7.32.30 PM.png

Annie_H

Annie_H

She did get a lot of press recently. Misfits has a jar of FlyByJing chili crisp for 8$ I think. Seems pricy but decided to oder to see how it compares to mine---I just made a triple batch last night. 15$ retail seems high for 6 oz but seems like good ingredients. 

I ordered the big jars with a free spice blend and the 6 pack of dumplings. Free shipping. 

I like to make my own dumplings but to have some in the freezer is stellar for weeknights. Some I ordered during lock-down from other brands a some from HMart were thick and doughy like some Italian American ravioli full of fillers. (prefer to make my own)

My chili crisp...24 ounces. Bulk ingredients I may have spent 10-15$. I do like control of ingredients and make a basic blend, avocado oil, and add extras per recipes. 

Annie_H

Annie_H

She did got a lot of press recently. Misfits has a jar of FlyByJing chili crisp for 8$ I think. Seems pricy but decided to oder to see how it compares to mine---I just made a triple batch last night. 15$ retail seems high for 6 oz but seems like good ingredients.