• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

9 hours ago, Senior Sea Kayaker said:

I've been at it for forty plus years and I'm always learning something new.

I learned that I am stupid.

I had not been able to find a sprayer that  I like. I don't have a huge garden, but my garden is big enough that spraying on a hot summer day is not a pleasant task. Also, I need a sprayer with a long wand, and an adjustable spray head that can spray upside-down (bottom of leaves). 

So I made my own, very proud that a motorized sprayer which can do everything I want. I filled the 2 gallon sprayer with Daconil  and gave all my (80?) tomato seedlings a thorough shower.

Well, a day later, all the seedlings died. I didn't realize the sprayer had some weed killer solution leftover from last season.

Good thing it was early enough. I was able to redo everything.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

3 hours ago, Senior Sea Kayaker said:

I've been at it for forty plus years and I'm always learning something new.

I learned that I am stupid.

I had not been able to find a sprayer that  I like. I don't have a huge garden, but my garden is big enough that spraying on a hot summer day is not a pleasant task. Also, I need a sprayer with a long wand, and an adjustable spray head that can spray upside-down (bottom of leaves). 

So I made my own, very proud that a motorized sprayer which can do everything I want. I filled the 2 gallon sprayer with Daconil  and gave all my tomato seedlings a thorough shower.

Well, a day later, all the seedlings died. I didn't realize the sprayer had some weed killer solution leftover from last season.

Good thing it was early enough. I was able to redo everything.

dcarch