• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

So yes, those are pomegranates. 

I have a 20+ year old bush that is 20+ feet tall.   

The purple bucket contains the empty-ish husks of the fruit.   I use the "beat on the drum" method to deseed.   This method gets +90% of the seeds out of the rind and that's good enough for me.   I am dehydrating the seeds from about 30-40 poms in my Excalibur as I write this.    That's a new preservation technique for me with pomegranates.  I put the husks out for the birds to get the remaining pips to make sure the most is made of the fruit.

I do have a massive lever juicer for the poms, I'll probably juice a good portion of the remaining fruit.

I still have a jar of pomegranate molasses from a previous harvest so I am probably not doing more molasses.

I probably could make another bottle of pomegranate/prickly pear grenadine now that I am thinking about it.   

If I get desperate I will make pomegranate jelly to use up the juice if I run out of room in the freezer.

lemniscate

lemniscate

So yes, those are pomegranates. 

I have a 20+ year old bush that is 20+ feet tall.   

The purple bucket contains the empty-ish husks of the fruit.   I use the "beat on the drum" method to deseed.   This method gets +90% of the seeds out of the rind and that's good enough for me.   I am dehydrating the seeds from about 30-40 poms in my Excalibur as I write this.    That's a new preservation technique for me with pomegranates.  I put the husks out for the birds to get the remaining pips to make sure the most if made of the fruit.

I do have a massive lever juicer for the poms, I'll probably juice a good portion of the remaining fruit.

I still have a jar of pomegranate molasses from a previous harvest so I am probably not doing more molasses.

I probably could make another bottle of pomegranate/prickly pear grenadine now that I am thinking about it.   

If I get desperate I will make pomegranate jelly to use up the juice if I run out of room in the freezer.