• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

On 2/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, DiggingDogFarm said:

The reason I'm being extra careful in attempting to germinate the above mentioned seeds is that, back in 2016, I sent 150 "Baby Pequin" seeds to a guy in Brooklyn, NY—he wasn't able to get any of them to germinate! shock2.gif

I thought—What the heck, I'll email the guy in Brooklyn again and see if he ever did see germination.

Guess what!?!?!

Two seedlings emerged the following spring (2017)!!! shock2.gif

He loves the tiny plants and the chiles!

He's going to send me some seeds along with some seeds of other dwarf cultivars.

Finally—some good news for a change! yes.gif

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

The reason I'm being extra careful in attempting to germinate the above mentioned seeds is that, back in 2016, I sent 150 "Baby Pequin" seeds to a guy in Brooklyn, NY—he wasn't able to get any of them to germinate! shock2.gif

I thought—What the heck, I'll email the guy in Brooklyn again and see if he ever did see germination.

Guess what!?!?!

Two seedlings emerged the following spring (2017)!!! shock2.gif

He's going to send me some seeds along with some seeds of other dwarf cultivars.

blob.jpg

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Guess what!?!?!

Two seedling emerged the following spring (2017)!!! shock2.gif