• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

41 minutes ago, chromedome said:

In a similar vein, you might want to give Strawberry Spinach a shot. My father planted it once and never had to again. :)

The leaves are edible young or mature, and the berries -- while not sweet -- add color and texture to salads. It's quite an interesting plant. 

Thanks!!!

Just in this small yard there's lamb's quarters, broad-leaf plantain, purslane, dandelion and patience dock..... (sometimes even nettles). None of which I've planted.

Some are perennial, some just re-seed readily as with the strawberry spinach.

I've got a bunch of other stuff on the list!

:smile:

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

41 minutes ago, chromedome said:

In a similar vein, you might want to give Strawberry Spinach a shot. My father planted it once and never had to again. :)

The leaves are edible young or mature, and the berries -- while not sweet -- add color and texture to salads. It's quite an interesting plant. 

Thanks!!!

Just in this small yard there's lamb's quarters, broad-leaf plantain, purslane, dandelion and patience dock..... (sometimes even nettles). None of which I've planted.

Some are perennial, so just re-seed readily as with the strawberry spinach.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

31 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Thanks!!!

Just in this small yard there's lamb's quarters, broad-leaf plantain, purslane, dandelion and patience dock..... (sometimes even nettles). Non of which I've planted.

Some are perennial, so just re-seed readily as with the strawberry spinach.