• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tere

Tere

Autumn is coming on but still some pickage. 

Herb beds look very happy. Still some courgettes coming - I picked some babies for dinner on Friday (cod with Serrano ham chippings, white wine, butter and various herbs, served with steamed sugar snaps (not from the garden), slow fried baby courgettes, and a baked potato) and paleo lasagne is again in the oven using up my last two whoppers.

IMG_7250 (480x640).jpg

Today I picked yet more cornichons (I think I have figured out they like to start early, height and regular pickings) - I need to figure out how to pick small ones and store them until the pickle jar is full. Is it as simple as making a jar of pickling liquid and decant the liquid out as the jar fills up then repeat? What say you eGullet?

The rest of the haul today was a LOT of parsley and some green coriander seeds. I think I need a recipe for mass parsley as this bag for the freezer barely made a dent. Pesto like thing I guess?

IMG_7251 (640x480).jpgIMG_7252 (640x480).jpg

I also picked the second flush of asters - on the right in the previous photo. Here they are in a vase / drinking glass, with a stray scabious and the last of the zinnia...

IMG_7253 (480x640).jpg

Tere

Tere

Autumn is coming on but still some pickage. 

Herb beds look very happy. Still some courgettes coming - I picked some babies for dinner on Friday (cod with Serrano ham chippings, white wine, butter and various herbs, served with steamed sugar snaps (not from the garden), slow fried baby courgettes, and a baked potato) and paleo lasagne is again in the oven using up my last two whoppers.

IMG_7250 (480x640).jpg

Today I picked yet more cornichons (I think I have figured out they like to start early, height and regular pickings) - I need to figure out how to pick small ones and store them until the pickle jar is full. Is it as simple as making a jar of pickling liquid and decant the liquid out as the jar fills up then repeat? What say you eGullet?

The rest of the haul today was a LOT of parsley and some green coriander seeds. I think I need a recipe for mass parsley as this bag for the freezer barely made a dent. Pesto like thing I guess?

IMG_7251 (640x480).jpgIMG_7252 (640x480).jpg

I also picked the second flush of asters - on the right in the previous photo. Here they are in a vase / drinking glass, with a stray scabious and the last of the zinnia...

IMG_7253 (480x640).jpg