• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FlashJack

FlashJack

typo

3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

whoever came up with anova's current firmware should be strung up

Jo, I'm using firmware v 1.1.32 and am not having this issue. I know that doesn't help you but it may be that your problem is unrelated to the firmware debacle.

One thing that does bug me is that the timer display on the handle is much dimmer than the display of temperature and steam *except if it is displaying the digit 1*. It's as though the whole power budget goes into the two components of that digit. Have you noticed same?

FlashJack

FlashJack

3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

whoever came up with anova's current firmware should be strung up

Jo, I'm using firmware v 1.1.32 and am not having this issue. I know that doesn't help you but it may be that your problem is unrelated to the firmware debacle.

One thing that does but me is that the timer display on the handle is much dimmer than the display of temperature and steam *except if it is displaying the digit 1*. It's as though the whole power budget goes into the two components of that digit. Have you noticed same?