• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

18 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

@Ann_T and @lemniscate have both mentioned it in posts.  

Between the CSO and the Oster I haven't used the oven in my stove in a couple of years.   I bake all my breads now using the CSO to start so I get the benefit of the steam and then transfer to the oster to finish baking.   This way I can bake 6 to 10 baguettes in a shorter amount of time.   

And so far I haven't found anything that I can't fit into the Oster.   I've roasted full size turkeys, hams, etc.  and even a six quart dutch oven fits.  I have the digital model but not sure that makes a difference.

Ann_T

Ann_T

17 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

@Ann_T and @lemniscate have both mentioned it in posts.  

Between the CSO and the Oster I haven't used the oven in my stove in a couple of years.   I bake all my breads now using the CSO to start so I get the benefit of the steam and then transfer to the oster to finish baking.   This way I can bake 6 to 10 baguettes in a shorter amount of time.   

And so far I haven't found anything that I can fit into the Oster.   I've roasted full size turkeys, hams, etc.  and even a six quart dutch oven fits.  I have the digital model but not sure that makes a difference.