• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

OK, you asked for it.  How about that, if you're like me, you will seldom use it?  Or that it will hog much-more-needed counter space?  Or that you will spend more time cleaning it than actually using it?  Or that it weighs a ton?

I still delude myself that I'll use my fullsize Hobart slicer for bulk processing and then freezing foods.  Or that I'm going to find friends or relatives to jointly invest in a whole Serrano ham to slice.  Never seems to happen...  The Hobart has made friends with my cube steak machine, though... 

boilsover

boilsover

OK, you asked or it.  How about that, if you're like me, you will seldom use it?  Or that it will hog much-more-needed counter space?  Or that you will spend more time cleaning it than actually using it?  Or that it weighs a ton?

I still delude myself that I'll use my fullsize Hobart slicer for bulk processing and then freezing foods.  Or that I'm going to find friends or relatives to jointly invest in a whole Serrano ham to slice.  Never seems to happen...  The Hobart has made friends with my cube steak machine, though...