• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

First loaf baked in the CSO for me. No real diversion from my previous recipe -- still working off the KAF naturally leavened sourdough recipe as a base. 50% bread flour, 45% whole wheat flour, and 5% rye. Definitely have some tinkering to do with the CSO itself (will leave that discussion for the CSO thread).

My dough was also pretty sluggish yesterday -- I'm guessing I didn't let the starter sit long enough after I fed it. Took a lot longer than usual to rise, and despite the bubbles, the crumb is a little denser than I usually like. A bit of shine in the holes, though. Have another loaf that I stuck in the fridge after initial kneading; we'll see if a few days of rest will do it some good.

cso_crumb.jpg

cso_loaf.jpg

dtremit

dtremit

First loaf baked in the CSO for me. No real diversion from my previous recipe -- still working off the KAF naturally leavened sourdough recipe as a base. Definitely have some tinkering to do with the CSO itself (will leave that discussion for the CSO thread).

My dough was also pretty sluggish yesterday -- I'm guessing I didn't let the starter sit long enough after I fed it. Took a lot longer than usual to rise, and despite the bubbles, the crumb is a little denser than I usually like. A bit of shine in the holes, though. Have another loaf that I stuck in the fridge after initial kneading; we'll see if a few days of rest will do it some good.

cso_crumb.jpg

cso_loaf.jpg