• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Focaccia from A Girl and her Greens. The one on the right has the Potato, Red Onion and Thyme topping from the book. The header notes suggest coming up with your own toppings so there's a leek and sausage version on the left.

Going into the oven:

fullsizeoutput_3b9d.thumb.jpeg.73285d947a9c39e31133b27574f01d12.jpeg

And out:

IMG_1008.thumb.jpg.603b1d1e1f266c5169b6b7e76a61dcb9.jpg 

The recipe says to use two 8-inch round pans. I used 1/4 sheet pans instead. The recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons of yeast in the dough and says NOT to use instant yeast. I went ahead and used instant yeast and I used about half the amount (~ 3/4 T), which is still about twice what I would normally use. Everything worked fine. I baked them for 22 min vs 25 in the recipe but probably should have pulled them out of the oven a few minutes earlier due to the larger pan I used.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Focaccia from A Girl and her Greens. The one on the right has the Potato, Red Onion and Thyme topping from the book. The header notes suggest coming up with your own toppings so there's a leek and sausage version on the left.

Going into the oven:

IMG_1005.jpg.1fd66214a5ff09563c0bfa570fc07eec.jpg

And out:

IMG_1008.thumb.jpg.603b1d1e1f266c5169b6b7e76a61dcb9.jpg 

The recipe says to use two 8-inch round pans. I used 1/4 sheet pans instead. The recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons of yeast in the dough and says NOT to use instant yeast. I went ahead and used instant yeast and I used about half the amount (~ 3/4 T), which is still about twice what I would normally use. Everything worked fine. I baked them for 22 min vs 25 in the recipe but probably should have pulled them out of the oven a few minutes earlier due to the larger pan I used.