• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Baked today with a new batch of Pate fermentee. I also used a little bit of my new starter. It's not a true sourdough because I only used the starter and the pate for flavor not for total leavening in the bread. My oven isn't hot enough to make true sourdough but this has a flavor that we really like. Four little baguettes at a loaf of sandwich bread.

20240131_115054.thumb.jpg.bd7b1af0ae2065e157cb042cc6c0032f.jpg

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Baked today with a new batch of Pate fermentee. I also used a little bit of my new starter. It's not a true sourdough because I only used the starter in the pate for flavor not for total leavening in the bread. My oven isn't hot enough to make true sourdough but this has a flavor that we really like. Four little baguettes at a loaf of sandwich bread.

20240131_115054.thumb.jpg.bd7b1af0ae2065e157cb042cc6c0032f.jpg