• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

26 minutes ago, Nemesis034 said:

Franci

Your bread look fabulous.

I need some help with the translation if you don't mind.

Just the mixing and resting periods. The recipe is understandable.

Also is it pine nuts with sugar? What fluid does she pour over those breads at the end?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards from a sunny Brisbane.

Sure! So,  just to recap, he does mix roughly flour, salt, oil and water, let rest 30 minutes. Then goes in the yeast and flaps and folds for 3 times with 15 minutes intervals in the fridge,  at the 4th flap and fold the dough rests for 2 hours. Doesn’t specify if in the fridge or not. Then divide the dough, shape it, oil it and let rise from 1 to to 2 hours. Here he gives a tip for pine nuts. Soak them for at least 2 hours if you don’t want to burn them in the oven, dust with sugar. It can be substituted with almonds for a cheaper option.  The liquid at the end is anise liquor. I’ve seen some people even light it to flambé the coca. 

Franci

Franci

15 minutes ago, Nemesis034 said:

Franci

Also is it pine nuts with sugar? What fluid does she pour over those breads at the end?

Sure! So,  just to recap, he does mix roughly flour, salt, oil and water, let rest 30 minutes. Then goes in the yeast and flaps and folds for 3 times with 15 minutes intervals in the fridge,  at the 4th flap and fold the dough rests for 2 hours. Doesn’t specify if in the fridge or not. Then divide the dough, shape it, oil it and let rise from 1 to to 2 hours. Here he gives a tip for pine nuts. Soak them for at least 2 hours if you don’t want to burn them in the oven, dust with sugar. It can be substituted with almonds for a cheaper option.  The liquid at the end is anise liquor. I’ve seen some people even light it but to flambé the coca. 

Franci

Franci

15 minutes ago, Nemesis034 said:

Franci

Sure! So,  just to recap, he does mix roughly flour, salt, oil and water, let rest 30 minutes. Then goes in the yeast and flaps and folds for 3 times with 15 minutes intervals in the fridge,  at the 4th flap and fold the dough rests for 2 hours. Doesn’t specify if in the fridge or not. Then divide the dough, shape it, oil it and let rise from 1 to to 2 hours. Here he gives a tip for pine nuts. Soak them for at least 2 hours if you don’t want to burn them in the oven, dust with sugar. It can be substituted with almonds for a cheaper version.  The liquid at the end is anise liquor. I’ve seen some people even light it but to flambé the coca. 

Franci

Franci

14 minutes ago, Nemesis034 said:

Franci

Sure! So,  just to recap, he does mix roughly flour, salt, oil and water, let rest 30 minutes. Then goes in the yeast and flaps and folds for 3 times with 15 minutes intervals in the fridge,  at the 4th flap and fold, the dough rests for 2 hours. Doesn’t specify if in the fridge or not. Then divide the dough, shape it, oil it and let rise from 1 to to 2 hours. Here he gives a tip for pine nuts. Soak them for at least 2 hours if you don’t want to burn them in the oven, dust with sugar. It can be substituted with almonds for a cheaper version.  The liquid at the end is anise liquor. I’ve seen some people even light it but to flambé the coca. 

Franci

Franci

7 minutes ago, Nemesis034 said:

Franci

Sure! So,  just to recap, he does mix roughly flour, salt, oil and water, let rest 30 minutes. Then goes in the yeast and flaps and folds for 3 times with 15 minutes intervals in the fridge,  a the 4th flap and fold, the dough rests for 2 hours. Doesn’t specify if in the fridge or not. Then divide the dough, shape it, oil it and let rise from 1 to to 2 hours. Here he gives a tip for pine nuts. Soak them for at least 2 hours if you don’t want to burn them in the oven, dust with sugar. It can be substituted with almonds for a cheaper version.  The liquid at the end is anise liquor. I’ve seen some people even light it but to flambé the coca.