• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

Today's bake

SourdoughBigaAugust2ndbakedAugust5th.thumb.jpg.122401faf3aecd665d55162422a91ca8.jpg

Fed both starters Friday morning.
Started two bigas, each with 60g of discard.
Left on the counter until I got home from work.
Made two doughs, each with a biga and another 1000g of flour, and both went into the fridge Friday night.
Took one of the doughs out last night and left it on the counter until 3:30 this morning.
Baked four baguettes. T
wo were started together in the steam oven and two of the baguettes were longer so they were baked in the regular oven
under a large roasting pan lid for the first 15 minutes and then the lid was removed.
I also transferred the two smaller from the CSO to the regular oven after 15 minutes, to finish baking.
SourdoughBigaAugust2ndbakedAugust5th3.thumb.jpg.707b788f5af9b6d62b0eed8cf0568854.jpg
Sliced one this morning for breakfast. 
Ann_T

Ann_T

Today's bake

SourdoughBigaAugust2ndbakedAugust5th.thumb.jpg.122401faf3aecd665d55162422a91ca8.jpg

Fed both starters Friday morning.
Started two bigas, each with 60g of discard.
Left on the counter until I got home from work.
Made two doughs, each with a biga and another 1000g of flour, and both went into the fridge Friday night.
Took one of the doughs out last night and left it on the counter until 3:30 this morning.
Baked four baguettes. T
wo were started together in the steam oven and two of the baguettes were longer so they were baked in the regular oven
under a large roasting pan lid for the first 15 minutes and then the lid was removed.
I also transferred the two smaller from the CSO to the regular oven after 15 minutes, to finish baking.