• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

Added recipe and photos

Yesterday’s bake - a brown butter caramelized honey sourdough loaf with toasted rolled oats. I toasted the oats on a lined sheet pan at 400F, cooked them in water until tender and all the water was absorbed, browned the butter and allowed it to cool, caramelized the honey, then mixed everything together into a porridge and allowed it to cool. I added this to the initial mix after autolyse. Delicious, moist crumb and lovely crust. Will make this again!

Recipe

For Porridge:

- 87g rolled oats

- 263g water

- 75g brown butter

- 40g caramelized honey

- 1/4 teaspoon salt

For Dough:

- 400g bread flour

- 100g whole wheat

- 389g water

- 10g salt

- 50g starter

- 168g of porridge (there will be extra - it's delicious in a bowl with a splash milk or heavy cream 😋)

IMG_8072.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

Yesterday’s bake - a brown butter caramelized honey sourdough loaf with toasted rolled oats. I toasted the oats on a lined sheet pan at 400F, cooked them in water until tender and all the water was absorbed, browned the butter and allowed it to cool, caramelized the honey, then mixed everything together into a porridge and allowed it to cool. I added this to the initial mix after autolyse. Delicious, moist crumb and lovely crust. Will make this again!