• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

I recently tried a simple sourdough loaf with 3 changes from my typical process: (1) an overnight BF schedule, (2) adding a bit of honey and olive oil to the dough, and (3) using a cold, month-old starter straight from the fridge without any additional refreshment. Very impressed with the final bake! The overnight schedule is super convenient for me, the honey and olive oil make for a lovely, soft crumb with just a hint of sweetness, and the effectiveness of the old starter straight from the fridge was definitely a surprise.

IMG_7270.jpeg

IMG_7273.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

I recently tried a simple sourdough loaf with 3 changes from my typical loaves and process: (1) an overnight BF schedule, (2) adding a bit of honey and olive oil to the dough, and (3) using a cold, month-old starter straight from the fridge without any additional refreshment. Very impressed with the final bake! The overnight schedule is super convenient for me, the honey and olive oil make for a lovely, soft crumb with just a hint of sweetness, and the effectiveness of the old starter straight from the fridge was definitely a surprise.

IMG_7270.jpeg

IMG_7273.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

I recently tried a simple sourdough loaf with 3 changes for my typical loaves and process: (1) an overnight BF schedule, (2) adding a bit of honey and olive oil to the dough, and (3) using a cold, month-old starter straight from the fridge without any additional refreshment. Very impressed with the final bake! The overnight schedule is super convenient for me, the honey and olive oil make for a lovely, soft crumb with just a hint of sweetness, and the effectiveness of the old starter straight from the fridge was definitely a surprise.

IMG_7270.jpeg

IMG_7273.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

I recently tried a simple sourdough loaf with 3 changes for my typical loaves and process: (1) an overnight BF schedule, (2) adding a bit of honey and olive oil to the dough, and (3) using a cold, month-old starter straight from the fridge without any additional refreshment. Very impressed with the final bake! The overnight schedule is super convenient for me, the honey and olive oil make for a lovely, soft crumb with just a hint of sweetness, and the effectiveness of the old starter straight from the fridge was definitely a surprise.