• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

8 minutes ago, PatrickT said:

WOW. Well that certainly worked well! 😂 I'm going to try to remember to do this for my next bake.

To clarify, you didn't add any other leavening agent for these loaves - just the Pate Fermentee?

I added a gram of yeast to the 1000g batch. 

In that video you linked to, he actually used a lot of yeast in a very small batch of dough.  I think it was 3g in just 250g of flour. That would be the equivalent

to 12g in 1000 grams of flour. 

I typically use 1 to 2 grams in 1000g of flour.  

Ann_T

Ann_T

6 minutes ago, PatrickT said:

WOW. Well that certainly worked well! 😂 I'm going to try to remember to do this for my next bake.

To clarify, you didn't add any other leavening agent for these loaves - just the Pate Fermentee?

In that video you linked to, he actually used a lot of yeast in a very small batch of dough.  I think it was 3g in just 250g of flour.

I typically use 1 to 2 grams in 1000g of flour.  

Ann_T

Ann_T

6 minutes ago, PatrickT said: