• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

The Porcini Braised Chicken Thighs quoted by Eat Your Books was the most attractive recipe in the book, in my opinion.  And the dumplings -- though sadly I no longer have a potato ricer since my heavy aluminum potato ricer oxidized and turned black, just like my former aluminum garlic press.  Hence the rule in this kitchen:  "No aluminum as a food surface."

I returned my copy of Taste & Technique to the library today.  Normally when I return any brand new cookbook there are a multitude of holds.  This time there were none.  It went back on the shelf.  Make of this what you will.

Edit:  does it seem odd she weighs her chicken thighs but not the Guatemalan salt?

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

The Porcini Braised Chicken Thighs quoted by Eat Your Books was the most attractive recipe in the book, in my opinion.  And the dumplings -- though I no longer have a potato ricer since my heavy aluminum potato ricer oxidized and turned black, just like my former aluminum garlic press.  Hence the rule in this kitchen:  "No aluminum as a food surface."

I returned my copy of Taste & Technique to the library today.  Normally when I return any brand new cookbook there are a multitude of holds.  This time there were none.  It went back on the shelf.  Make of this what you will.