• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

I somehow forgot to take a picture but it would have looked like generic pasta with red sauce - which it certainly wasn't! The sauce was plum tomatoes (Plum Regal) , red sweet peppers, onions and garlic, all roasted at 300 degrees with a little olive oil for 6 hours, seasonings (salt, pepper, oregano, lots of fresh basil, red wine) added and pureed with an immersion blender. I made about 4 quarts of this - most going into the freezer. It should help us get through the winter. 

Served with a salad. 

(Tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic. basil, salad ingredients: fennel, tomatoes, green pepper, bitter greens - all from the garden. I will so miss the garden soon.)

ElainaA

ElainaA

I somehow forgot to take a picture but it would have looked like generic pasta with red sauce - which it certainly wasn't! The sauce was plum tomatoes (Plum Regal) , red sweet peppers, onions and garlic, all roasted at 300 degrees with a little olive oil for 6 hours, seasonings (salt, pepper, oregano, lots of fresh basil, red wine) added and pureed with an immersion blender. I made about 4 quarts of this - most going into the freezer. It should help us get through the winter. 

Served with a salad. 

(Tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, salad ingredients: fennel, tomatoes, green pepper, bitter greens - all from the garden. I will so miss the garden soon.)