• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

9 hours ago, robirdstx said:

I am going to make this tonight. Any tweaks I should make?

Well, here is what I did:  I made everything up in the morning and put the chicken in the marinade. I covered everything separately and refrigerated it until the evening.  I had more than a pound of chicken thighs so I doubled the extra marinade and dry coat.  I used dry sherry instead of the Chinese wine.  Next time I make it, I will consider doubling the scallion in the sauce. And I fried the chicken pieces about ten pieces at a time for about two minutes each.  They were crispy after that time. After all of them were fried, I put them all back in the oil at once and fried them for another minute before they were transferred to a skillet to be sauced.  

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

3 hours ago, robirdstx said:

I am going to make this tonight. Any tweaks I should make?

Well, here is what I did:  I made everything up in the morning and put the chicken in the marinade. I covered everything separately and refrigerated it until the evening.  I had more than a pound of chicken thighs so I doubled the extra marinade and dry coat.  I used cooking sherry instead of the Chinese wine.  Next time I make it, I will consider doubling the scallion in the sauce. And I fried the chicken pieces about ten pieces at a time for about two minutes each.  They were crispy after that time. After all of them were fried, I put them all back in the oil at once and fried them for another minute before they were transferred to a skillet to be sauced.