• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

4 hours ago, RWood said:

@heidih I tried this recipe Oven dried tomatoes, and they were great. Only issue is I left them in to long, and some were a little too crispy. I blame our stupid oven 😑. But, I'm going to make them again and I'll know not to leave them in as long. I put them olive oil with a garlic clove and a few herbs, very tasty. 

I do those all the time with tasteless mini tomatoes and can not get to Farmers Market now. I do use olive oil and my nose is pretty good so I can smell when they are"getting there". I tend to go less than fully dried - still a bit of give and juice. Such a lovely transformation. A little pasta, Mexican oregano (the most fragrant I find here abouts) an a grassy olive oil.  No dairy/cheese even needed.

Oh and the images from my marmalade finally showed up. Rolling blackouts...  Looks swamp murky but just the balance of sweet and bitter I was hoping for.

jam1.JPG

jam2.JPG

heidih

heidih

3 hours ago, RWood said:

@heidih I tried this recipe Oven dried tomatoes, and they were great. Only issue is I left them in to long, and some were a little too crispy. I blame our stupid oven 😑. But, I'm going to make them again and I'll know not to leave them in as long. I put them olive oil with a garlic clove and a few herbs, very tasty. 

I do those all the time with tasteless mini tomatoes and can not get to Farmers Market now. I do use olive oil and my nose is pretty good so I can smell when they are"getting there". I tend to go less than fully dried - still a bit of give and juice. Such a lovely transformation. A little pasta, Mexican oregano (the most fragrant I find here abouts) an a grassy olive oil.  Non dairy/cheese even needed.

Oh and the images from my marmalade finally showed up. Rolling blackouts...  Looks swamp murky but just the balance of sweet nd bitter I was hoping for.

jam1.JPG

jam2.JPG