• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Orange & passion jam (recipe from Christine Ferber). There aren't too many fruit suitable/exciting for jam-making right now, so I was super happy to find great-looking passion fruit at the farmers' market this weekend. The jam set after ~ 20 minutes of boiling, but it was a fairly loose set. If it had been for me I would have been fine with it, but since I am planning to sell them at a small market in a few weeks, I ended up recooking it for about 10 minutes (and lost 1 full jar in the process due to evaporation, etc).

All the fruit is local & organic.

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Edited to add:

The Valencia oranges are from Polito Farms, which is one of the best citrus growers I have access to.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Orange & passion jam (recipe from Christine Ferber). There aren't too many fruit suitable/exciting for jam-making right now, so I was super happy to find great-looking passion fruit at the farmers' market this weekend. The jam set after ~ 20 minutes of boiling, but it was a fairly loose set. If it had been for me I would have been fine with it, but since I am planning to sell them at a small market in a few weeks, I ended up recooking it for about 10 minutes (and lost 1 full jar in the process due to evaporation, etc).

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Edited to add:

The oranges are from Polito Farms, which is one of the best citrus growers I have access to.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam

Orange & passion jam