• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

Shel_B, if you are trying to avoid bleach altogether then this will be of no help.

If you make up a bleach solution that is 100 ppm of chlorine in water, and put it into a spray bottle, thrity seconds of contact with this solution,reasonably liberaly applied, approximates the California Unified Retail Food Facility Law requirement for sanitizing food contact items.  CURFFL would have 30 seconds of contact by immersion.

I use Clorox Anywhere in my kitchen at home: Clorox Anywhere hard surface spray.  https://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-daily-sanitizing-spray/

Porthos

Porthos

Shel_B, if you are trying to avoid bleach altogether then this will be of no help.

If you make up a bleach solution that is 100 ppm of chlorine in water, and put it into a spray bottle, thrity seconds of contact with this solution,reasonably liberaly applied, approximates the California Unified Retail Food Facility Law requirement for sanitizing food contact items.  CURFFL would have 30 seconds of contact by immersion.

I use Clorox Anywhere in my kitchen at home: Clorox Anywhere hard surface spray.

Porthos

Porthos