• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Missed one ingredient. I knew something was missing.

I would have posted this an hour ago, but after eating it I needed a shower before I was willing to touch my camera or anything else, then I got distracted.

crab.jpg

Blue crabs ("flower crabs" is the literal translation of the Chinese) stir fried with ginger, garlic, shallots, white chilli pepper, then finished with soy sauce, Shaoxing wine and coriander leaf/cilantro. Hot, spicy and messy. Can only really be eaten with the fingers.

I used to deal with the shells using my teeth, but dental issues have taken over and now I use an instrument of torture. I think it was actually designed and sold as a nutcracker, but no one told the crabs, so it's OK.

Served with steamed loofah with garlic, and rice. And a pack of wet wipes.

luffa.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

typos

I would have posted this an hour ago, but after eating it I needed a shower before I was willing to touch my camera or anything else, then I got distracted.

crab.jpg

Blue crabs ("flower crabs" is the literal translation of the Chinese) stir fried with ginger, garlic, shallots, white chilli pepper, then finished with soy sauce and Shaoxing wine. Hot, spicy and messy. Can only really be eaten with the fingers.

I used to deal with the shells using my teeth, but dental issues have taken over and now I use an instrument of torture. I think it was actually designed and sold as a nutcracker, but no one told the crabs, so it's OK.

Served with steamed loofah with garlic, and rice. And a pack of wet wipes.

luffa.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

typos

crab.jpg

Blue crabs ("flower crabs" is the literal translation of the Chinese) stir fried with ginger, garlic, shallots, white chilli pepper, then finished with soy sauce and Shaoxing wine. Hot, spicy and messy. Can only really be eaten with the fingers.

Served with steamed loofah with garlic and rice. And a pack of wet wipes.

luffa.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

crab.jpg

+

Served with steamed loofah with garlic and rice. And a pack of wet wipes.

luffa.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I would have posted this an hour ago, but after eating it I needed a shower, before I was willing to touch my camera, then I got distracted.

crab.jpg

Blue crabs ("flower crabs" is the literal translation of the Chinese) stir fried with ginger, garlic, shallots, white chilli pepper, then finished with soy sauce and Shaoxing wine. Hot spicy and messy. Can only really be eaten with the fingers.

I used to deal with the shells using my teeth, but dental issues have taken over and now I use an instrument of torture. I think it as actually designed and sold for nuts, but no one told the crabs, so it's OK.

Served with steamed luffa with garlic and rice. And a pack of wet wipes.

luffa.jpg