• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

Deep fried eggplant 'sandwiches' filled with ground beef and onions seasoned with curry powder and a few other things. (From Irene Kuo's Key to Chinese Cooking). I have no idea if these are at all authentic (any opinions from those who would know?) but they are criminally addictive.  with rice and mixed stir fried vegetables - zucchini ( green and golden), sugar snap peas (both from my garden), red pepper, carrots, red pepper and onions with minced ginger and garlic and a little sesame oil. Also Barbara Tropp's ma la cucumber fans ( but mine were spears).

DSC01393.jpg

I have no idea why there is this huge white space below my post. I can't find anyway to get rid of it.

+

ElainaA

ElainaA

Deep fried eggplant 'sandwiches' filled with ground beef and onions seasoned with curry powder and a few other things. (From Irene Kuo's Key to Chinese Cooking). I have no idea if these are at all authentic (any opinions from those who would know?) but they are criminally addictive.  with rice and mixed stir fried vegetables - zucchini ( green and golden), sugar snap peas (both from my garden), red pepper, carrots, red pepper and onions with minced ginger and garlic and a little sesame oil. Also Barbara Tropp's ma la cucumber fans ( but mine were spears).

DSC01393.jpg

+