• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

27 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

@blue_dolphin have you thought about mascarpone thinned with some of that hot honey on those roasted fruits?

I love apricots that I (used to) poach in champagne then fill the hole where the stone was with mascarpone that I tinned with some flavored honey....

I bet the mascarpone (especially very nice mascarpone)  & hot honey would be delightful.   Although that freshly made ricotta is a lovely thing. I'm always looking for ways to use it and I might just give it an edge over some of the mediocre supermarket mascarpone I've gotten around here.

27 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

ohhhh.... what about ricotta salata that is mashed up with some mint and honey?

Oh yes -so many good ideas!   I was tempted to add some rosemary to the honey and lemon juice I brushed on the nectarines and sweeten the ricotta with honey but since I went into the kitchen after a quick chicken sandwich and ended up making a chicken pasta salad, deviled eggs and broiled nectarines, I figured I should just eat breakfast before it got to be lunchtime xD!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

9 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

@blue_dolphin have you thought about mascarpone thinned with some of that hot honey on those roasted fruits?

I love apricots that I (used to) poach in champagne then fill the hole where the stone was with mascarpone that I tinned with some flavored honey....

I bet the mascarpone (especially very nice mascarpone)  & hot honey would be delightful.   Although that freshly made ricotta is a lovely thing. I'm always looking for ways to use it and I might just give it an edge over some of the mediocre supermarket mascarpone I've gotten around here.

14 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

ohhhh.... what about ricotta salata that is mashed up with some mint and honey?

Oh yes -so may good ideas!   I was tempted to add some rosemary to the honey and lemon juice I brushed on the nectarines and sweeten the ricotta with honey but since I went into the kitchen after a quick chicken sandwich and ended up making a chicken pasta salad, deviled eggs and broiled nectarines, I figured I should just eat breakfast before it got to be lunchtime xD!