• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add walnuts

So I went into the kitchen thinking to pick the meat off the last roasted chicken thighs and make a sandwich with avocado and tomato.  That's what I had for breakfast yesterday but didn't photograph.

Then decided to make the chicken into a salad.  While chopping the celery and onions, I thought maybe a pasta salad would be nice.  So I cooked the pasta and some eggs for deviled eggs to go with.  Everything is nicely chilling but not there yet so apparently that will be lunch.  

What about breakfast?    Hmmm.....how about some honey broiled nectarines?

IMG_3262.jpg

With homemade whole milk ricotta, on toast and not, drizzled with a little more hot honey:

IMG_3264.jpg

Edited to add:  after taking the photo, I went and added some of the sweet spicy walnuts I posted about yesterday.  Ahhhh.  The perfect complement!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

So I went into the kitchen thinking to pick the meat off the last roasted chicken thighs and make a sandwich with avocado and tomato.  That's what I had for breakfast yesterday but didn't photograph.

Then decided to make the chicken into a salad.  While chopping the celery and onions, I thought maybe a pasta salad would be nice.  So I cooked the pasta and some eggs for deviled eggs to go with.  Everything is nicely chilling but not there yet so apparently that will be lunch.  

What about breakfast?    Hmmm.....how about some honey broiled nectarines?

IMG_3262.jpg

With homemade whole milk ricotta, on toast and not, drizzled with a little more hot honey:

IMG_3264.jpg