• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

Hmmph. The only things I've done today include walking straight into what must be the only non-automated sliding glass door in Japan and smacking my forehead on it HARD like a budgie flying into a window, and about ten minutes after semi-recovering from that, biting down on this pork katsu roll filled with molten hot liquid cheese in JUST the right spot to squirt a geyser of said boiling cheese directly into my eye.

The restaurant staff freaked the eff out and I got taken to see the Kyoto Station medical officer against my will, who to be fair spent 10 confused minutes trying to understand how I got a huge red egg-sized bump on my forehead from squirting cheese into my eye. 

Anyway, I'm mostly alright now and I think the REAL takeaway here, is, yet again...this Tom Ford eyeliner is more or less invincible. 

IMG_3403.thumb.JPG.4ed068adb48f60a3dcbce90fc5f68945.JPG

IMG_3402.thumb.JPG.ce5cba2f45261acda1039f63e649ed08.JPG

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

Hmmph. The only things I've done today include walking straight into what must be the only non-automated sliding glass door in Japan and smacking my forehead on it HARD like a budgie flying into a window, and about ten minutes after semi-recovering from that, biting down on this pork katsu roll filled with molten hot liquid cheese in JUST the right spot to squirt a geyser of said boiling cheese directly into my eye.

The restaurant staff freaked the eff out and I got taken to see the Kyoto Station medical officer against my will, who to be fair spent 10 confused minutes trying to understand how I got a huge red egg-sized bump on my forehead from squirting cheese into my eye. 

Anyway, I'm mostly alright now and I think the REAL takeaway here, is, yet again...this Tom Ford eyeliner is more or less invincible. 

IMG_3403.thumb.JPG.4ed068adb48f60a3dcbce90fc5f68945.JPG

IMG_3402.thumb.JPG.ce5cba2f45261acda1039f63e649ed08.JPG