• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I can't see a meal kit business  , no matter how well run , being profitable   

one thing : Amazon is is shrewd.

Buyt why they branded w M.Felon beets me.

why they decided to copyrighter a food delivery business name makes a great deal of sense as its

very cost effective to own a name.

I can  see  the Tovala frozen meal business being very profitable in areas where there are high salaries and very little extra time :

the Bay area  , urban centers.

receiving and properly maintaining perishable food-stuff is very complex business.

but I can see Amazon putting a lot of new magination  back into WholeFoods

something WF has forgotten about .

You have the Food.  you have the facilities to maintain and refresh your supply   

you have staff  ............

has any any one noticed those Amazon small delivery vans around you area ?

from AmazoinWF    :  I can see those vans making local deliveries in the afternoon of that's days meal kits.

retrieving the packing materials from previous  deliveries for re-use.

like back in the day when you Got Milk  delivered  ( in glass jugs no less ) and placed in an insulated cooler by your door.

that sort of thing I can see.   even prepped Tovala type Fz meals

rotuts

rotuts

I can't see a meal kit business  , no matter how well run , being profitable   

one thing : Amazon is is shrewd.

Buyt why they branded w M.Felon beets me.

why they decided to copyrighter a food delivery business name makes a great deal of sense as its

very cost effective to own a name.

to can to the Tovala frozen meal business being very profitable in areas where there are high salaries and very little extra time :

the Bay area  , urban centers.

receiving and properly maintaining perishable food-stuff is very complex business.

but I can see Amazon putting a lot of new magination  back into WholeFoods

something WF has forgotten about .

You have the Food.  you have the facilities to maintain and refresh your supply   

you have staff  ............

has any any one noticed those Amazon small delivery vans around you area ?

from AmazoinWF    :  I can see those vans making local deliveries in the afternoon of that's days meal kits.

retrieving the packing materials from previous  deliveries for re-use.

like back in the day when you Got Milk  delivered  ( in glass jugs no less ) and placed in an insulated cooler by your door.

that sort of thing I can see.   even prepped Tovala type Fz meals