• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typo

Dinner tonight, I'll concede, was a bit odd. I have a friend arriving tomorrow for a very long overdue reunion. Heading on 20 years. I know we are going to be eating out a lot, so I'm clearing the fridge.

But getting multi-cultural in the process.

An alliterative starter: Salmon Shashimi w Seaweed.

salmon seaweed sashimi1.jpg

Followed very incongruously by what probably looks like a slapdash plate of ordinary Scottish mince and tatties. Nearly so. I plead guilty to the slap dash but not the ordinary.  The mince was seasoned with Chinese flavours. Garlic, Ginger, Chilli, Shaoxing wine, Sichuan Peppercorn,  Shanghai Worcestershire Sauce. Scottish?

IMG_1572.jpg

This was served with some simple stir-fried cabbage which

a) I almost forgot to serve.

b) definitely forgot to photograph.

My stomach and the fridge are happy. My stomach full; the fridge emptier. Mission accomplished.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight, I'll concede, was a bit odd. I have a friend arriving tomorrow for a very long overdue reunion. Heading on 20 years. I know we are going to be eating out a lot, so I'm clearing the fridge.

Followed very incongruously by what probably looks like a slapdash plate of ordinary Scottish mince and tatties. Nearly so. I please guilty to the slap dash but not the ordinary.  The mince was seasoned with Chinese flavours. Garlic, Ginger, Chilli, Shaoxing wine, Sichuan Peppercorn,  Shanghai Worcestershire Sauce. Scottish?

IMG_1572.jpg

My stomach and the fridge are happy. My stomach full; the fridge emptier. Mission accomplished.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Followed very incongruously by what probably looks like a plate of Scottish mince and tatties. Nearly so. Just that the mince was seasoned with Chinese flavours. Garlic, Ginger, Chilli, Shaoxing wine, Sichuan Peppercorn,  Shanghai Worcestershire Sauce.

IMG_1572.jpg